The Pastoral Training Course
Text Book for Course: The Pastoral Training by: Colette Toach
Course Author: Denise Jordan
Duration: 12 Weeks
It's Not as Easy as it Looks
There is no end of advice for Pastors in the Church today. Sit down with any church goer and you will find that everyone has an opinion on how their pastor could do it "better." Just a moment in this position though reveals that it is not as easy as it looks!
Not only must the Pastor watch over the souls of God's people, but he is responsible to lead, instruct and carry each one into maturity. The Pastor is a true "Jack of all Trades" and this course gives you exactly what you need to perfect them all!
This course take the pastoral calling not just from the perspective of the Pastor's position in the church today, but from the perspective of one of the Fivefold Ministry.
Because of the common understanding of the Pastoral calling many forget that it has it's place in the Fivefold Ministry. And so just as the prophet or apostle goes through phases of preparation and training - so does the pastor!
If God has called you to lead His people, then regardless of where you think your call is... you need a Pastor's heart! This course will not only lay out the clear training that God takes His Pastors through, but it will also equip you with practical knowledge that you can use right away.
- What a call to be a pastor looks like
- It is not good enough to answer the call - you need to walk it out to be effective.
- Unless you know how to present the revelation that God has given you effectively, you will not succeed as a Pastor. This means learning to preach and teach!
- Clear understanding between the difference between preaching and teaching.
- How to walk out the Pastoral office that God has called you to.
- Develop the true character of the Pastor
This is not a theological study of the Pastor - rather it is a "hands on" training course that will transform your character into the Pastor God has called you to be!